Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Warning: May contain offensive language

Danny gets around. Here is a little excerpt to remind us that no matter how bad we have it, some people have it worse. And there is always a wolf prowling at the door:

You want to know why I’m talkin’ different? Come here. Closer. Closer. Come on, move in here. I smacked you in the forehead? Me? I wouldn’t do that. Listen. These people, they can’t hear me say this. There’s a way you have to talk down here. This ain’t uptown like we used to be. This is as downtown as it gets. Look around you my friend. Look at the bricks coming loose from these apartment buildings. Look, look down there. You see it? Yeah, now you’re catching on. There’s a reason those doors and windows are boarded up. There’s a lot of fires down this street. Don’t worry though. They might be boarded up, but, you don’t think that stops ‘em do you? The homeless, Idiot. Most of the people who live down here, they ain’t got no place to go. They sneak in there at night so they don’t get rained on. They light fires inside to try and cook the fucking scraps they get outta the restaurant dumpsters. Breaks my heart, it does.


Don’t be such a smartass. Why am I gonna let myself starve? You want to be like them? Go ahead. I’m not going down with you. I’m better than that. Yeah, I’ve had some setbacks. I’m still Danny Fucking Rush and I’m not going down like that. If that means keeping them down, so be it. And to finish what I started earlier; you cannot, do you hear me? You cannot let these people know that you don’t belong here. Yes, that’s alright. You can feel like you don’t belong here. You just better not let them know it. They smell fear a thousand miles away. It’s take or be taken down here. This ain’t the prissy side of town and you better not be looking for some cushy little, pen pusher’s job either. There’ ain’t none of that around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment